September Meeting Minutes
- Dave Lanteigne reported approximately 25 tables confirmed with a deposit prior to the contest, with another 5-10 unconfirmed.
- Tom Clark set up an order page for contest related T-shirts
- Setup will begin Friday at 1:00 pm.
- Chuck Davenport has offered to bring several sets of table risers (PVC leg extensions) for the contest.
New BusinessIPMS Nationals (Columbia) Report:
- John Wade took a First in SciFi/Fantasy (Class 605b) for for his Porco Rosso seaplan in 1/48th. Eli Geher took a 3rd in Out of The Box Airliners.
- Members that went reported a good show overall.
Chattanooga has won the bid for the 2019 IPMS Nationals. Tom Clark proposed the following:
- That HPMS make a formal offer of support to the Chattanooga chapter for the Nationals;
- That HPMS offer to sponsor a trophy honoring the 50th anniversary of the Apollo 11 moon landing;
- That HPMS undertake a club build for the 2019 Nationals.
Show & Tell
- Trevor Bennett brought in his nearly completed Husky model.
- Scott Jeffries had his A6M model
- Ray Bushnell had his 2 1/2 ton and Ford GPA "amphjeep"
- Mike Mueller had his Sherman V "Fankensherman"