Tom Clark's Flickr photo gallery from the 2016 IPMS Nationals, from Columbia, South Carolina.
Monday, August 29, 2016
Thursday, August 11, 2016
Meeting convened approximately 7:00 pm in the upper room at The Deep. President Ed "El Guapo" Maslin wielding the gavel.
- Tom Clark has researched trophies, and determined that the club can get engraved acrylic trophies with a full-color logo printed on them for about $40 each, which is less than the target price of $60 each. Turnaround is less than a week.
- Dave Lanteigne will get the business license taken care of, and see about doing a PSA for the show.
- Andy Brezinski thanked the volunteer (and volunteered) head judges for the contest, and asked for designated alternates:
- Armor - Ray Bushnell
- Auto - Ed Maslin
- Aircraft - Mark Saunders
- Misc - to be named later
- Guidance for the judges: Use the IPMS rules, and HPMS rules where they differ; stick around after judging; and sign the category judging sheets
- Tom contacted Clay at Mastermind Models, and they will support a Grex table and demonstration at the show.
- The show table layout needs to be looked at to accommodate the special category, and the slot-car track that Pete Shreves will likely bring. Likewise, there may be cake as well.
- Tom will do inventory on the contest supplies and identify anything that needs replacement/replenishment.
- Tom Clark proposed a group trip to the Frist Center in Nashville to see the exhibit on Italian sports cars that is there until 10 October. Tom will submit a questionnaire to the mailing list to see who might be interested.
Show and Tell
- Tom Clark brought two small figures from Hangar 18 Miniatures. The figures are based off of artwork by a pin-up artist named Andrew Bawidamann. Tom had the unassembled Cosmonaut and Tiger Tank Girl figures.
- Andy Brezinski had the completed cab of his Intergraph "Enhanced 911" Demonstration truck, with a complete interior.
- Mark Saunders had his MiG 19 and an F-16. The MiG is being metalized, and Mark talked about his experiments with metalizer and undercoats. The F-16 is being painted as the original General Dynamics YF-16 demonstrator for the "Vintage" category at the contest.
- Eli Geher had his completed Martin 404 airliner, an low-production turboprop that first brought him to Huntsville (in Southern Airways markings).
- Will Thorson brought his SU-76, an in process M3 Bradley scout vehicle, and a 1/16 Panzer IV.
- Trevor Bennett brought a number of things to establish his modeling creds: an M2A3 Bradley with BUSK, a Panther mine trawl, a T-62, an MRAP All-Terrain Vehicle, a Zaku II mech, a zombie-crushing LAV, a Czech anti-aircraft vehicle, his in-process Husky mine detector, and a sports car.